Introduction

  June 8, 2021 Algal blooms…storm water runoff…septic system management…invasive species prevention…effective cooperation between state an...

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Bonus blog from early this morning

 



Bonus Blog – 7/14 6:15 AM

I had a song in my head this morning, and it was for a reason. Remember at the end of ‘The Poseidon Adventure,’ the first one, when the survivors bang like crazy on the steel hull to gather the attention of the rescuers outside? Even Rogo, played by Ernest Borgnine, lamenting the loss of his wife, Stella Stevens, (and parenthetically, who wouldn’t cry if you’d just lost Stella Stevens in 1972?) is reduced to tears by his improbable survival.

Overlaying Rogo’s dual epiphanies is Maureen McGovern’s soon-to-be hit single, “There’s got to be a Morning After,” a saccharine yet fitting close to a hokey movie about loss and new beginnings, albeit for Rogo, not Stella.

Anyway, Maureen’s song was/is in my head as I unzipped my tent this morning and fell out into the wet grass. Last night’s storms were fierce – terrifying, really – and they went on and on, and I spent it all inside a tubular frame underneath the largest tree within miles.    

So I have my morning after yet ahead. And a day, at last, on the lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment