Introduction

  June 8, 2021 Algal blooms…storm water runoff…septic system management…invasive species prevention…effective cooperation between state an...

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Day 8 - Baldwinsville to Cayuga

 


Baldwinsville to Cayuga Lake Lock #1

35.5 miles

11.5 hours

 

Some days are tougher than others, and this was one of those days. The Seneca River is 3 feet about normal, running hard to the east, so my day was uphill all the way.

The lockkeeper let me through at 35.5 miles, and within 5 minutes I was:

  1. Handed a cheeseburger and a coke
  2. Provided with a power outlet

  3. Shown to a lovely campsite
  4. Given a brief history of the issues of invasive species from the canal (i.e. the world) to Cayuga and Seneca Lakes
  5. Shown a faucet so I can ‘wash’

Folks, I am so spent I’ll have to write later, and a second storm is due here in an hour, and I still have to make camp.

I can’t dunk, throw, dance, cook, or skate, but I can row for 11.5 hours straight and write in a little black book. Each has his or her gifts, yes?

More tomorrow!!

ZZZZZ


 

No comments:

Post a Comment